Friday, April 5, 2013

Personal Treasure

I have been going through some old photo images lately, and especially, viewing and sorting old slides that I had taken through the years.  Many images are in good condition, but, unfortunately, some were badly water damaged.  One of the carousel trays that suffered the worst damage was a tray of images that I took while traveling across country as a teenager.  This was the trip where I learned how to use a fully manual SLR camera, a Nikon F, and later, to develop and mount my own slides.  

Today, I managed to locate two images that were not loaded in the ill-fated tray, and are in pristine condition, on account of being separately stored.  One image is shown above, to my recollection, this was taken at Bryce Canyon National Park.  Suffice it to say, that I am quite happy to have found these particular slides.  The above image brings me joy, as if a part of my story has been found, and I am once again standing on that ground and pressing the shutter release button, gazing at profound natural beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment