Thursday, June 10, 2010

Process

Today was the first day back in the studio in quite some time. Well, it has been anything but some kind of normal year for me. I have had creative endeavors, but in recent months, those haven't been while standing in front of a canvas.

This morning I was primarily occupied with covering several unfinished canvases with a layer of gesso, followed by a rather long episode of creative frustration, which I wondered if I should learn to love, if not embrace, as part of the creative process. I finished the session with the above sketch, done in charcoal and gesso on canvas, with limited satisfaction.

Yes, I think I am still processing my recent trip of wonder to the Peoples Republic of China.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...frustration? Must be something in the air...That's a word I included in today's post, also.
    I just attacked my frustration with paint in hand-to-hand combat until it went away. :-)

    Love your charcoal work. It favors you for some reason...

    ReplyDelete