Wednesday, May 6, 2009

True and Blue

Every few months or so, I check images listed under my brush name, Rachmeal, on Google images. It can be an especially fun exercise when using the free software, Cool Iris, which displays the images in gallery fashion. Cool Iris is great any time you are performing an especially visual search.

Recently, while searching for the term "Rachmeal" at Google images, I was surprised to see a large number of images that were posted, including several images from this blog. I was most surprised to see one of my paintings, “Blue Nude 04”, seen above, embedded within a composite image of paintings posted on what seemed to be a blog originating in Portugal. While not one of my favorite works, my painting was posted and credited alongside master works created by Matisse, Picasso, Egon Schiele, Roy Lichtenstein and others, as well as a small host of other, more contemporary and largely successful artists. The theme of the grouping had to do with the blue nude. I was thrilled to have one of my paintings selected for this, although, friends and colleagues had suggested that I should have been contacted for approval beforehand. Since the posting did not have commercial implications, I decided to let it go and just enjoy the exposure. To view the web page, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment