Sunday, January 11, 2009

Live and Local

Despite the winter storm warning on Saturday night, my wife and I attended the un+art-3 opening at ArtSpace Hartford Gallery. This was the yearly salon style exhibition. I had participated in the past, but chose not to this year for no particular reason. It was a lively opening, perhaps even better than years past, and we enjoyed having a chance to view 100 plus pieces of new, local art. Also, it was great to have a chance to spend time with an artist friend or two, and get to know some new artists. I took the above photo when I noticed some nearby revelers getting snap happy with their cameras. They began to take my picture not knowing what a shutterbug I am. I took a few photos of them and pulled this one through some iterations of PhotoShop to protect the innocent, or guilty, as the case may be.

After shoveling out in the morning, we drove to an opening at the JCC, Greater Hartford. We especially enjoyed seeing Linn Bae’s work, colorful, lively, original, and, if I may say, honest.

1 comment:

  1. Rich, this was one of the craziest Openings I’ve been to…one big party!

    JA

    ReplyDelete